Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

30 March 2014

target="_blank">The Sunday Post


This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.



So, what did I do last week? 

This week now we catch up here in the UK and the UK Summertime starts today (Daylight saving). As much as I like having the extra hour of daylight in the evening, it will be a right pain getting up early tomorrow morning. I usually get up at 5am for work during the week, so it will feel like getting up at 4am. Pain. I guess there will be a very tired Peggy for the first few days next week. 

It was payday this week, and my husband and me have this little tradition what we go to our favourite Spanish bar on the Friday after payday. I usually drink nothing more than 1 or 2 glasses of Sangria and let the world go by. 


Finish - Start

No finish this week - I'm still reading the book I started last week Under the Dragon's Claw by Alex George. It is a longish book, and outside my 'comfort zone' but I definitely enjoy it. Takes me and my commute on a fantasy ride. 


On the blog last week

Reviews:


Memes / Features



Around the blogosphere / Bookish News


Microlibrary in London Lewisham (Link will take you to the Facebook Page)

I've seen this on the local news here in South East London this week - isn't this a great idea? This man (he is referred to as Seb in the Facebook page) basically bought an old red phone box for £1 and converted into a 'micro-library'. You need to see this to believe it! Yes, it's real. Apparently, the Telecom has been selling the old phone boxes off, as it would cost them more money to dismantle them etc. (in the age of mobile phones, they are sadly not needed any more). So this Seb build some shelves into it and set it up as a community micro library. No locks etc, anyone can come and can just take a book. No registering etc. The only rule is that whenever you take a book, you also have to leave one. My only fear is that it will suffer from vandalism, sadly. I guess Seb goes there daily for maintenance etc. 






Added to my stash


Nothing. Yes, seriously, I didn't get anything. No purchases, no freebies, no review books. But I'm quite glad actually, because I still have quite a few books for review to read (which have priority) and than a lot of books which I've just wanting to read for ages and they look at me longingly every day :) incl. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, The Rosie Project by by Graeme Simsion and Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty. Your time will come… :) 


What I'm planning next week for the blog

Reviews:

Celebr8 Success: How to be a successful working mum without the guilt by Gill Donnell MBE (non-fiction)



1001 Books you must read before you die by Peter Boxall (non-fiction)



A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers by Xiaolu Guo


and continuing my regular Stephen King feature with Rose Madder 



Memes / Features:





Late April Fools. What was the best prank you’ve played or had played on you? Share!


  • My first 3 months as a book blogger / my favourite posts so far


Have a great week my dear bookish friends.
Peggy x