Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

13 May 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea.

This is how it works: Write down either the first paragraph of a book your are currently reading / intending to read or read in the past and share with us. I do like a good opening!


My current read is a review book from the Sci-Fi/ Alien genre - quite a change from my last read which was historic/erotic romance! 
 Let me introduce: This Changes Everything by Sally Ember Ed.D (The Spanners Vol I)


Chapter One
First Contact between the Many Worlds Collective (WMC) and Clara Branon, Ph.D., in Northern California, December, 2012.

The clear, cool, northern California night of December 21, 2012, I go to bed at around 8PM as I usually do. I always meditate in bed at the end of each day. As I near the end of my mediation, about to go to sleep, I hear several voices in a kind of chorus, speaking my name:
"ClaraBranon… ClaraBranon… ClaraBranon… ClaraBranon…"
They sound expectant, insistent, and are saying my names as if hey were all one word. Not loud, not scare, but right in my bedroom
Ridiculously, my first reaction is not fear but bewilderment, and a bit of resentment. Again? More interruptions of my sleep? What,now? Who are you and what do you want? Go away! 




Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should be reading. 
These are the rules  :
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


From This Changes Everything by Sally Ember Ed.D

It isn't just his words; this alien has some kind of soothing power. Nice. He must have been using this calming mojo ever since they got here. That explains a lot. 


I know that Sci-Fi / Alien stories is not for everyone. I try to vary my reading a bit so enjoy this genre ever now and again. Tell me what you think.