Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

26 January 2014
The Sunday Post


This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.


So, what did I do last week

Work was very busy last week. I will have 10 cases in court next week who all needed the 'last minute' prep treatment (usually I have 1-2 per week), so lots of overtime. Unfortunately, since the beginning of this year, we don't get paid any more for overtime, but can take 'time in lieu' - so I took Friday off. I went to my local shopping mall which is one of the biggest in the UK. Yep, you've guessed it, they have a huge Waterstones with a lovely Coffee shop, and that's where I spend about 3 hours. Simple pleasures. My daughter joined me after school as well. She has a very different task in books to me. She likes romance, classical literature and also non-fiction history. Yesterday she earmarked for herself Sherlock Holmes and a history book on World War 2.



What I reviewed last week 



What I'm planning to review next week
  • Motherless daughters by Hope Edlemann (non-fiction)






  • Misery by Stephen King (he is one of my favourite writers and I read almost all of his books and plan to included reviews for his books on a regular basis

  • I see you by Gregg Hurwitz














  • Sickened by Julie Gregory


  • Can you keep a secret by Sophie Kinsella














And this is one of the ebooks I received a few weeks ago which I'm reading at the moment and will most likely post a review by next weekend:

  •  Lust, Money & Murder by Mike Wells






Yesterday, I also received my copy of the magazine Newbooks  (you know I love bookish magazines!) and I'm hoping to write up a review of this magazine. 

CURRENT ISSUE

To get an idea of the treats in store, take a look at the contents of this issue.
BIG INTERVIEW
Kerry Fowler meets award-winning author Val McDermid

DOUBLE EXPOSURE
Sue Monk Kidd is back with a new novel, The Invention of Wings

DEBUTS
The best of the first-time authors




Ta Da and see you soon. 

Packshot of

Issue 79

January/February