Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

23 January 2014



Title
Spring Collection
Author
Judith Krantz
Publisher
Random House
Publication Date
01.03.1997
Pages
448
Genre
romance
Todays fiction review book comes from the world of fashion, (personally, I am not into Haute Couture). The book was published in 1997. It falls for me into the category of romance edging on chick lit, even though I think the term was probably not really used by the time this was published. But it is what 'chick lit' is all about for me - easy to read, 'female' topics (OK,  I think I am patronising here, what is a female topic?, and anyway, many of the big fashion designers are male). But back to the book.

Justine owns a model agency in New York. Somewhat surprisingly, 3 of the models on her books win a 'contest' to go to Paris to present the collection of a new and upcoming designer, Marco Lombardi. Others in the fashion world are surprised that 3 of her models are chosen for this exquisite job, but there are things only Justine knows and Lombardi has his own reasons. The book tells really 5 different stories - the story of Justine, her PA Frankie and the individual stories of the 3 chosen models, all very different and all with their own little stories to tell. All of their lives will be changes by the adventures in Paris and Manhattan, some (most!) will find love by the end of the book as it is expected, but it is still told with a lot of entertainment value.

One of the 'funny' things for me was the mental picture I had in my head of Marco Lombardi. Isn't it funny how we paint a mental picture of book characters in our mind - that is for sure one of the great things about reading a book.