Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

11 February 2014


First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro is hosted by bibliophilebythesea.

This is how it works: Write down either the first paragraph of a book your are currently reading / intending to read or read in the past and share with us. I do like a good opening!



I have again chosen my current read: The Corporeal Pull by Sara B Gauldin. 


This is not one of the books I would usually pick up, but that's exactly why I love being a book reviewer - I get introduced to so many different genres and can challenge my brain to different concepts, and the latter is exactly what I'm doing with this book. The genre can be described as Paranormal Romance. The book introduces us to Terra, a guiding spirit and entity in 'The Tweens'. Her calling is to guide mortals on earth for them to complete their mortal journeys. She can feel the pain and emotions of her 'charges' and while she can guide them, they also have free will. And than she meets Liam, one of her new charges who is soon to begin his transition as a mortal and everything changes for Terra.

This is the opening/ prologue:

Dear Halle,
If you are reading this letter, than I am gone. I will not send Liam to his destruction alone. If he is meant to be destroyed in his mortal journey, than I will not continue in this realm without him. I am sorry that I wasn't strong enough to stay. I regret the charges I will have to abandon the most, but I know that there are other guides with a newer and more adaptable temperament who will be better able to guide them once I have gone. I know I will leave you with more questions than answers, but please allow me to try to explain my decision. 


I'm now 36% in and just re-typing this opening paragraph now and having read  about 1/3 of the book, this now makes a lot of more sense. 



Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should be reading. 

These are the rules  (taken directly from MizB's blog:)



• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

From The Corporeal Pull by Sara B Gauldin:

On the day that Liam was created a terrible storm brewed on Earth.

Liam appeared at Terra's workspace innocently enough. He came to her as countless other charges had before him: as corporeal entity deemed ready to be joined to a guide.

--

"To me?" Terra was lost. "I will remain your guide while you are in the mortal world. You won't need me when you return to The Tweens. That will make a new era in your existence."


So. do you think this could be for you? I would suggest that even if you don't usually read Paranormal Romance, this is a good one to get you started.